Thursday, November 5, 2015

Argentina or Bust!

After the tearful yet joyful good-byes at the Houston Intercontinental Airport, Elder Thompson had an interesting experience getting to Argentina.

His plane was delayed in Houston for an hour, so he missed his connection in Atlanta and was stranded!

In a later (his first!) email home he said:

"I arrived in Atlanta and had to take the train from terminal A to terminal F and while running in his suit and tie, arrive at the Gate in time to see them punching the gate code in. I have never been so sad or disappointed in my life"

Luckily he was able to get the number for the church travel services and took the next day's flight out.
He made it safe and sound!

He loves Buenos Aires. He said that he has "Never eaten so much fresh fruit in his life" and said "I could live here forever".

He is super busy and is learning Spanish at an alarming rate.

I asked him if he had a favorite scripture to add to his blog and he said he loves

Ether 12:27
And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.


No comments

Post a Comment

© Onward Ever Onward
Maira Gall